View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 11:24 AM

Default How to start multi-tabling?

Lots of questions; I appreciate feedback on whichever aspects you'd like to comment on.

I've been playing a few months, mostly Party $0.50/$1. I have PokerTracker and Gametime+. I only have about 3300 hands; I know - a very low sample size. After 2,000 hands, I realized I wasn't being aggressive enough after the flop, and made the adjustments. My results have been good, and I've had a great run the last few weeks (+250 BB or so).

I've only been single tabling so far. I'd like to stay at $0.50/$1 until I have more statistical confidence that I am a winning player. I could consider trying 2 tables.

With 1 table, to keep concentration and get a better read on my opponents, I follow the action after I fold. I try to forecast who will bet, and what kind of hands they show down. (I also root for bets / calls so each hand will get raked! Do you guys do that? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) With multitabling, especially 3-4, you must not be able to really follow, and see how the players play, except for what Gametime+ tells you... How do you cope with that?

Should I just jump into it 2 tables for real money, or should I practice 2-tabling with play money first, just to get used to the time issues?

Do you spread the windows out so you can see them all, or do you switch (Alt+Tab?)?

With PokerTracker importing the hands, I occasionally get my PC slowing up so I can't click on a Check/Bet/Fold. When it happens, it frees up in a few seconds. It's a tiny bit stressful when this happens. Would the added pressure of having to act on 2 tables at the same time make this worse? Is it time for me to upgrade my PC?

And if so, what size monitor should I get to comfortably multi-table? When looking at systems to buy, should I start with the "game" type computers (with great graphics cards...)?

Thanks!

-Tom