View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 07:01 PM

Default 30-60 Bellagio madness

Playing in a loose 30-60 game at the Bellagio after the Final Four (and too many beers), I pick up [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 7 in the small blind.

Loose EP raises, three callers including the cutoff and the button, and I make a dubious call. BB calls also. Six of us see this flop:

[img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5

I bet, EP calls, two more calls, and the button raises. I decide to three-bet to squeeze out the preflop raise. But only the big blind has folded, and my three-bet is called in four places.

Turn is:

[[img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5] [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4.

Ugh. I may have made a second-best hand. But I bet to see
if there are diamonds out there. EP raises (could be [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] Q or something like that). But he might have raised on the flop with that. One folder and both the cutoff and button call cold. I may or may not be in trouble.
Should I three-bet?

Results to follow.