Thread: LA Game busted!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Default How can we actually fight this, and set a precedent for freedom?

Hey Everybody,
This is Gabriel from USC, I've played poker all over Los Angeles probably with many of you. (And Yeh come to my home cash games, we play $1-2 blinds, or $0.50-$1 blinds.)

First of all, that LA bust really happened at the Tuesday game. I've talked to 2 guys who were cited, and that was one of my favorite regular, friendly home games, that i went to many times in Koreatown.

Okay, now what is the next step? LA is the poker capitol of the world, with Millions of dollars exchanging hands in home games! I'd even say there are over 1 million people who have played home game poker in LA.

So what can we do to set a precedent for this, and at least help the victimless crime-victims from that Tuesday game? That's what we should be discussing on this board. This bust/arrest/ruling effects everyone of us!

1. One person suggested going to John and Ken Show They are a talk radio, who support people's rights like this. They may run with this topic.

An even greater idea would be to organize a celebrity spokesperson to spearhead a campaign for the freedom of LA home poker. Like Woody Harrelson for Weed. I know this would be some work (and fun), but everyone would benefit.

2. I ran across this site Texans for Poker
It's and organized groups in Texas fighting for the freedom of poker.

Are there any sites, or organizations like that in LA?
Maybe Libertarians groups would fight for the cause?

3. Further down the road if the goverment gets more out of control, we can organize an initiative for the ballot, but that would be the most work wouldn't it?

Any other constructive, positive ideas? We are all smart people here.

Fight on!

Gabriel
213-280-8045 (Call me about my cash game, i take no rake)