View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Soft play vs. gambling addicts

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget too easily those times you get sucked out on with a 2 outer, and lose a big pot to some idiot who had no business being in the hand. Lots of times, those are the addicts.....overplaying draws, playing any 2 suited cards...b/c they want the action and are desparate for a win. Then everyone says this is the guy you want to have around, cuz he'll make mistakes, and more often than not, your better hand will hold up. Bottom line, I will never slow play anyone at a table....the way I see it, it's payback for all the ridiculous suckouts....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about the run of the mill gambler. These are the people who you make your money off of; run of the mill fish; suckers.

Problem gamblers are a different breed. In Super System, Caro talks about why people are consistent losers in poker and yet they still come back. He states "They play to ease the pain."

Kiddj touched on it here:

[ QUOTE ]
You can see that they don't know what they're doing. The more they lose, the more weak/loose they play. They catch their runner runner two-gapped gutshot on the river and STILL don't really seem happy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys cannot leave the table with money, their drive to play is a sick and horrible compulsion. They are full of pain and sitting at the poker table doesn't ease that pain, it makes it worse.