View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Party 5/10 FULL game, Good?

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm sorry. I was just going to leave it as a sarcastic response, but this issue really bothers me.

Anyone who says that the 5/10 full games are a "rock garden" does not know what they are talking about. Or they are just plain impatient.

Are they "better" then the 6-max games. I really don't know as I only have 5,000 hands of 6-max. I now have 27,000 hands of 5/10 full. I three table and have never had any trouble finding a decent game.

I play Pokerstars, Party, Absolute, and UB. If those sites are having a off night I open the PokerRoom or Paradise.

Do you have to be more conscious of table selection? Yes. The one thing I will agree with, is when you get on a tight 5/10 table, it can be really tight. But with all the tools that we have available to us, there is no reason to spend more than (2) orbits on such a table.

The only point that I will concede, is that for an 8-tabler it may be difficult to find 8 really good games, but from what I hear this is also true of 3/6 these days.

Anyway IMO the stuff you hear about 5/10 being a rock garden, is every bit as inaccurate as the crap you see in the micros about 1/2 full being a rock garden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice to hear; thank you for sharing. I sat at a 5/10 full table at party last night for the first time (using virtually no table selection skills - just sat at a reasonably full table with a reasonable avg pot size). Checked in on a few others as well. Didn't strike me as the rock garden nightmare it is so commonly described as on these boards. Seemed very similar to an average 3/6 table.