View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Best or worst player ever?

With a $2 or $3 SB, you're getting lunatic-good odds on the first cold call, with something like $77 or $78 in the pot and a $7 or $8 call to keep going. Getting roughly 10:1 odds on a flush draw seems fair, even if it is a crappy flush draw. If exactly three clubs hit the board by the river, you're going to pick up a monster pot the vast majority of the time. So long as you recognize that you'll be playing ONLY for a monster, and you play accordingly, I don't hate this call.

UTG is a dirty bastard, and when it comes back to me for a $10 bet AGAIN, I swear. I call, because the odds are even better now, but I swear nonetheless.

Flop is an easy call: you've got 42:1 odds on about a two-outer between the backdoor flush and the even worse straight draw. Then again, when NINE PEOPLE see a capped flop, it'd be extremely hard NOT to have pot odds to call a bet. Hell, you could even call two here and not be wrong, especially considering how easy your turn fold will be if you don't improve to a straight- or flush-draw.