View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Party 5/10 FULL game, Good?

[ QUOTE ]
I agree completely.

Good post. I just didn't take the time to spell it all out.

The only thing I have to add is that the fish in the 5/10 full are a different brand of fish. As Bob T once said, as you move up in levels, the edges you push get smaller. The fish at 5/10 full I really noticed can find the fold button with a greater amount of frequency.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I would say that one of the more common breeds of fish on 5/10 full has stats that look like this:

35/7/1.7; so yeah they will take a run at you more than once in a while and are not quite as helpless as the 45/2/.50 fish that I used to love at .5/1.

But to refer to 5/10 full as either tough or tight reflects a lack of understanding about those terms. I would agree that it is "tighter" and "tougher" than 2/4. But I am really not sure how much different it is from 3/6 (I only played 15,000 hands at 3/6 so I really don't have a good frame of reference).

But to answer the original posters question, there is no need to choose one or the other. I play both 6-max and full at 5/10. I play more full, because I enjoy the pace of the full game, I find it more relaxing. Usually 1-2 times a week I will play the 6-max game. I do this for my developement as a player.