View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 09:27 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: With a Little Help From My Friend?

"1) Did I do anything wrong by accepting the pot pushed to me? "

no. you won the pot. you had the best hand.

"2) It's a $101 pot after rake. I gave back $19 between the 2 seat and the dealer. I felt it was the right thing to do and the amount felt "right". "

whatever makes ya happy. if it makes ya feel good, do it. i just wouldnt make a habit of it. but once in a blue moon it's not a big deal. however, i wouldnt have tipped the dealer on this one. and i would have told him why if he gave me any look or asked. not that i wouldnt have tipped on later hands, but the dealer screwed up. every 'good' dealer knows it's cardspeak. there's no 'he said he had...' BS.

"Do you give more or less reward money out if in my shoes? '

personally, i wouldnt have given any. but i can see your point in giving. except the dealer.

"I know it could be said that the dealer deserves not being rewarded for mucking the winning in the first place but she also did not call the floor (which may or may not have ruled in my favor). "

the floor wouldve ruled in your favor. cardspeak. if your really wondering, look at the rules posted on the wall (every cardroom has them posted) and it will clarify it. especially if you have a witness to your hand. i wouldve called for the floor if they didnt push it my way.

"3) Does it really pay to be nice or is this just a case of being in the right place at the right time? "

personal choice. i still disagree with the dealer tip.

"4) What if the guy (2 seat) had been a local? It would have appeared like another case of a card room rewarding locals against tourists. It did not look that way in my case mind you for my guy had tourist written all over him (no disrespect intended). "

doesnt matter, you were entitled to the pot. if they wouldve called the floor and given the pot to the losing hand, it wouldve been the last hand i played in there.

cya

b