Thread: Losing weight.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Losing weight.

Nick, from the things you have posted about your lifestyle, I think that perhaps high protein/low carb protein shakes might do the trick.

I have been drinking these shakes since I lost my digestive system six years ago and have no other way to digest protein.

My husband wanted to lose about 40-50 lbs. at that time, and got it into his head that the low calorie shakes might do it more easily. So he started out with one per day, and eventually started drinking two. This is NOT a liquid diet, or a "meal replacement" shake, he was drinking this solely on top of his existing diet. He did cut down on the sweets somewhat, but said even that wasn't so tough, because of the satiety of the shakes.

Within about six months he managed to lose 45 lbs. and has kept it off for almost six years. He still drinks the shakes, and maintains his existing diet. He doesn't torture himself, nor does he feel he is missing anything.

If you want to know which brands I'm talking about, PM me. There are different kinds of protein shakes: sugar shakes with a tiny bit of protein, "weight gainer" shakes, and low carb/no sugar, high protein shakes. The last are the ones I'm talking about. Forget the first two altogether.

I'm not a salesperson, nor do I have any affiliation with a site or brand name, I'm just a cheapskate who knows where to get protein cheap.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net