Thread: Losing weight.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Losing weight.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I am really bad at it and I don't really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably feel this way because you do not enjoy the Gold's Gym (etc) atmosphere. It makes you feel uncomfortable to be in a gym working out with other people that are clearly in better shape than yourself. You need to just say, "F them," and get your work in. And, once you get in better shape you will actually ENJOY going to work out, and it will become an ego-boosting experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, and this is the reason i belong to a hole in the wall instead of a commercial gym.

i go to the club where dude's try to impress chicks on friday saturday nights, not every goddamn day. gold's and other commercial gyms can be complete crap.

good ole hole in the wall

some custom made equipment, and custom dumbells up to 180. a chin up bar that is 6 feet long, it runs on the honor system. drop off your money when you come- if not then just get him tomorrow. the place is great and everyone is serious about working out- not about walking around and being a strutting dbag.

try to find a smaller gym if you feel uncomfortable at a bigger one- it could work wonders and freeweight work would be more beneficial than bowflex.

--also, by getting into the routine of "going to the gym" you're less likely to cop out. it seems that since this stuff is right in your house that you're more likely to use it, but i find that i'm more likely to work out if i get myself to the gym on a consistent basis.