Thread: Losing weight.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Losing weight.

[ QUOTE ]

You will probably feel better due to not taking in so many chemicals, but since diet coke has zero calories, you will not see a change in your weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking, actually. Since there are no calories, there is no weight gain from consuming diet drinks.

One of the reasons I quit drinking diet drinks was because a friend of mine was insisting that Aspartame had all sorts of side-effects that the "big food companies are keeping under wraps". I was waking up every morning sore from head to toe, I was feeling fatigued all the time, I kept getting headaches, etc... She pointed me towards some websites which listed my symptoms as those that typically result from "aspartame poisoning". Most of the websites seemed to be created by crackpots, but I told her that I was thinking of giving up caffeine anyway, so I would let her know if my symptoms went away after awhile.

Amazingly enough, I feel like a new person after a month without diet drinks. I'm not sore, I sleep more soundly at night, I'm more flexible, I don't get the headaches I used to get, etc...

However, I'm convinced that this is a result of eliminating caffeine from my diet, and not the aspartame. Regardless, I'm never going back to the diet drinks. I don't want to go back to feeling the way I felt before. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]