View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: AJo Hits TPTK, Drop it or call down?

I would just point out that once the Q fell on the river, that you no longer had TPTK, but I understand that you were thinking about the flop.

In deciding, whether to call down to the river it would certainly help if you had seen him show down a few hands in other pots earlier to see how much of a maniac he was or wasnt.

In the absence of any other knowledge, I suppose that perhaps you do have to call down to the river.

However, there are 2 points:

1. You didnt have to raise PF. That would have been good if you had thought that everyone behind you would fold. But if you didnt expect that to happen, you would probably have just been better off calling. That way the pot would have been smaller and you would have been less tied to it if you didnt like it.

2. Of course, although the flop was co-ordinated and looked dangerous you did have TPTK, so you had to stay in the hand, but I would not have capped the betting.

So, all that said, if you had not raised PF and capped the betting on the flop, then I would probably have folded to the larger turn size bet, when it appeared that I was beaten.