Thread: New to O8
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: New to O8

Welcome, maybe we saw each other at the O/8 tables during the Stars reload? I worked off the entire bonus at the 1/2 tables (A lot more O/8 pots qualify for FPP points).

I would check and fold this hand. I agree with Ironman -- this is a classic trap hand. Look at your situation here: You have no draw at the low and with two low cards on the board already you're likely going to be fighting for half of the pot. Of that half, you're only going to be happy if you can fill up and make your full house to which your a pretty big dog to do (Even then you must consider the possibility of a larger full house). You probably do have the best high hand right now, but this isn't Hold'em and there's no protecting your hand here. You're not going to be able to fold any nut low draws and those draws will likely have some kind of straight redraws. With that many people in the pot, nearly every turn and river card will look scary to you. Basically, you're giving the nut low draws a freeroll against you--you can't win the low side but you're giving them a "free" shot to win the high side away from you. Stay away from this situation and save your money for a better spot.