View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: How deep, before you fold AA, if ever? Am I just a pussy? Probably.

Some time ago when the 5/5 pot limit game turned into the 5/5 no limit game at Foxwoods I sort of ran into this situation. I had bought into this game for $300, a decent piece of my bankroll at the time 20% or so, but hey, I wanted to take a shot playing with "The Big Boys". Plus i play poker for a hobby, so if I lose the $300 I'm not really hurt. I just want to never have to put my own cash up to play poker, I want to keep it all strickly in my bank roll.

I had played well, and got lucky on a suck out hitting a 2 outer and ran my money up to $1200, which was a HUGE boost to my bankroll. While I was sitting there I thought, "Boy I'd love to get AA and double up". Then I started to think how I would handle losing $1200 on a hand. Gee, maybe I would try and hit a set with AA.. hm.. well, as long as it's the nuts on the river... Then it clicked in my head, "If you can't get all in pre with AA and be happy, GET THE [censored] OFF THE TABLE".

I didn't even wait for my blinds, I instantly stood up with my rack, I might have been in a hand. I remeber the young fellow on my right asked where I was going, he had seen me do well, and had out played me a few times, clearly wanting my money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I told him, "I think I'm gonna check out the one three stud" He asked, "One hundred, Three hundred?" Squinting to see the board as that's not a game they spread. I replied, "Nope, just one three, I'm playing way over my head here, and I think I need to get drunk!" We had a good laugh, and I left.

If you can't get all in pre with AA and be happy, step down limits, or cash out, or whatever, but clearly you are playing over your head.