View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: An Inescapable Conclusion about Some Religions

DS:"If believers of religion A think that believers of religion B will be sent to hell by a just God, it is necessary that they believe that an OBJECTIVE examination of the evidence should lead you to believe that religion A is more likely to be accurate than all the other competing theories, plus those yet to be espoused, combined."

I don't think this follows. I think they would say that it is the Holy Spirit that leads people to Faith rather than an examination of evidence. Once hearing the Good News of Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit moves you to believing. If the Holy Spirit moves within you and you reject it then you have chosen the hellish ways of evil. Since so many people remain unmoved by Preaching these days it makes me wonder if the Preachers are really preaching what they think they're preaching. The spirit that moves within me when I hear the arrogant pompous self rightous tone of a lot of preaching is certainly anything but holy. If people want to communicate the Good News of Jesus I suggest they get a lot more love, compassion, empathy, tolerance, understanding, balance, and charity into their pitch.

PairTheBoard