View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: PL600 Too passive?

I play a lot of poker (more than anyone? probably!) with NikeSong69 at both the 400 and 600. He does not perceive you as anything.

Call, not close. I do not raise the turn. Raising the turn loses too much value: they will fold worse hands a very high % of the time to a turn raise, whereas you can almost certainly extract 60%+ of the pot from them on the river by just calling the turn. If opponent has QJ, how can he call a raise? What are you raising with that he beats? AJ? KJ? KQc? These hands, which are the most likely worse hands villain can be holding, cannot and do not (the most important one) routinely call turn raises on this board. Average 600pl player is passive and straightforward (and bad) - they are correct to fold all of those hands.

You can extract as much (if not more) value from Qxc by calling the turn and extracting value on the river (in my experience in this game and 400). And the non-Qxc hands, which represents a good portion (half? too tired to estimate accurately) of their hand range, will fold the turn too high a % of the time to account for whatever value you *might* lose if my Qxc assumption is wrong. Hm, this is probably worth figuring out. To be continued (probably)...