View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: PL600 Too passive?

Hi Twentysack,

[ QUOTE ]
Too Passive?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn, yes. It's not too likely he puts you on a 2, given that he probably views you as tight. He's very unlikely to have a 2 himself, of course. Plus, you are chopping with most 2s. And a boat is of course extremely unlikely given the action and board so far.

His turn bet looks like a Queen, a good J, or a Jhxh, maybe. It would be a very odd/bad way to have played a deuce thus far: failing to c/r you on the flop with a flush draw out there and you having bet $20, which looks like a real hand, then betting into you when a c/r seems very likely to work. I think he just puts you on a J, and can beat one, or has a big draw to do so. 2 flush draws and Q,J on the board; you'd better charge him now before a draw completes and either beats you or kills your action.

On the river, you must at least call. You're ahead at least 70% here, and that's conservative. The Th makes JhTh impossible, and I think that helps you here. You don't have a raise if he plays decent post-flop, because a raise pretty much represents a straight or better, though he won't fold trips at this level, most likely. If you raise and get called, he's gonna win or split.

I think you missed your chance to win a bigger pot by not raising the turn, though you ought to win a substantial majority of the time here. Really, the hands that beat you are Jhxh, 9c8c, or something he played badly and got lucky with (A2, AhKh, any full, any straight).