View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: I just played Daniel N in a TV headsup match....and WON!!!

it is up on his blog
[ QUOTE ]
I was doing a Canadian show called Designer Guys. One of those makeover type shows where they remodel somebody’s house.

Gord got me there on time and they were shooting from a very trendy new hot spot in Toronto called, “The Lobby.” The idea behind having me there was that one of their clients wanted to have a poker themed basement so I was there to help with some ideas. The client, named Rav a “semi-pro” player from Toronto had no idea I’d be there. He thought he was just meeting the Designer guys to talk about the project.

They had a table set up, complete with chips, cards, and a dealer. Before Rav got there I busted the Designer Guys a couple of times, but of course it was all just play money. When Rav finally got there I had my back turned so he couldn’t see me. He exchanged greetings with everybody, and then sat down next to me.

He did a little double take, and then said, “You’re Daniel Negreanu!” Of course, I already knew that J We played for a little while and the piece went pretty well overall.

[/ QUOTE ]