View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: What to do with AJ here?

[ QUOTE ]
Whey would ANYONE play the second one. Go read PVS's post on stack sizes. He basically says at lvl 4 you are playing to get ready for the next level (lvl 5). u have 1600 chips. having 1600 or 1750 at lvl 5 is all the same. Whey risk chips w/ a marginal hand when up against 5 others?

Maybe at the higher-- $55's+ --u could think about playing this because u have more post flop play, and bubble play isn't as autopilot, but even then i'd like to fold. I am very tight w/ some chips. I like to wait 'til the bubble to start getting frisky.

Maybe that's a leak in my game? I play very very tight until i get desperate. If i had 800 chips i MIGHT push w/ AJo, but prolly lean towards fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe people will play the second hand because they don't take every single word that PVS said in his post literally. Having 1600 or 1750 is not the same. It is never exactly the same if you have 150 more chips. If I started every sit and go with 150 extra chips, my ROI would go up quite a lot, yet these 150 chips don't really mean anything at the 10-15 level right?. Anyway despite all this, folding is probably fine.

Also if you had 800 chips, folding AJo first to act in a 6 handed game with 50-100 blinds is very wrong.