View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Pascal\'s Wager...

[ QUOTE ]

But they were non-Christians and madmen. Therefore all non-Christians are madmen. By your own logic. Since you think all Christians are the same. Or are you preaching a double standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Single standard. All Christians are irrational. Some overcome the comparmentalized irrationality of their religions to become good people. But that is in spite of, not because of, their irrational beliefs.

[ QUOTE ]

It's easy to prove your case when you define the terms and set the parameters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't define or set anything. I am using standard dictionary definitions. Rationality is "having or exercising the ability to reason". Only man has this ability. The universe does not. The term "irrational universe" is a non-sequitir.

[ QUOTE ]

I could just say morality doesn't apply to Christians, therefore no Christians are immoral. You also contradict yourself within the space of two sentences. Why should anyone care whether the universe is irrational if rationalilty doesn't apply to the universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

See definition above. You're very sloppy with your use of language. Again, the universe is not rational or irrational, since those terms do not apply to the physical world. They only apply to human beings.

[ QUOTE ]

I repeat: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hussein.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your laundry list of atheists has no bearing on the argument. And besides, 2 of them believed in God. Further, the character defect of powerlust is unrelated to religious belief. Any human can fall prey to this.

Now go and pray that you flop many sets. You obviously would need divine help to win at poker.