View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Odd passive td line

As I keep working on improving my game, I'm liking your call in the first round more and more. You're probably slightly ahead most of the time, but when you're not, you're way, way behind and you're out of position to boot.

The second round seems standard. Obviously, betting out is a terrible line. Check raising is closer, but you're getting 3-bet everytime he's pat. So, I don't see a lot of value in the move. You'd just get an extra bet in when you have a slight edge and two extra bets when you're a big dog.

The third round is the most interesting to me. I keep wanting to check raise this some percentage of the time, but I'm not sure that's right. With a check raise, it's going to be hard for the opponent to three bet, but it's going to make it easy to break a rougher hand and easy to call down with a better hand.

On the end, I think you basically have to check/call. If you're ahead, he's usually going to check behind. I wonder if you could fold here when he bets on occasion. Most solid players aren't going to bet with a 97 or worse here. The value in folding is that you save 1 BB AND you get an image as a weak-tight player. That'll allow you to pick up more bets on the river when people attempt to bluff you when they pair up. Of course, if you do fold in a situation like this once in a session, you're going to have to call down with much weaker hands later. Any one have any thoughts about folding some small percentage of the time here?