View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: 1010 sets 2/3 hands and busted

I wouldn't fold to another club or another straight card; I'd represent that either I just hit a flush myself, that I was bluffing I had one, or that my hand was so strong I didn't care. Weak flushes and straights might just call along a turn and river bet without costing you too much, and you still have a chance to make your full house. Also, some of the possible flush or straight cards will likely make someone a strong two pair, setting the hook deep for them to pay you a lot of money.

Because of that, any halfway scary card on the turn means you're likely to be called or, if you check, bet into whether you're ahead or behind. A good player probably wouldn't raise you with a good straight or flush, but might do so with the ignorant end of one to drive you out in case you hadn't already completed your own, possibly better draw; and also just to extract some value from you if they thought you might be a big pair or two-pair hand.

At any rate, even with a club or another straight card coming out on the turn, you still might very well have the best hand. I wouldn't fold it here, especially since the river may yet fill you up. And if it does, it might give someone trips, a straight, or a flush, and make you a lot of money.

Overall, it's no fun to face a straight or flush, but I usually have to see it.

I'm very new to both no limit and SNG's, though, so perhaps some of our more experienced players have a different take on things. My perspective admittedly is probably partly tainted by my background in limit ring games, where people drawing out on you can be painful, but doesn't knock you out of the game completely and forever.