View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Affirmations and Poker

I used to watch scenes from American Gigalo and then stand if front of the mirror naked repeating affermations out loud and visualizing myself as Richard Gere's character in that movie (before he got punked) before going to pick up chicks lol. Nice way to get in 'the zone' lol.

I started a private poker journal recently. I make some general comments about my day and certain aspects of the games and a hand or two. More importantly I make notes of things that I think negatively impact my play and mistakes I made. I use these daily journal pages to identify patterns and anything that I think negatively impacts my play. I also have an 'important points to remember' type page(s) that I document psychological/emotional 'leaks' as I identify them in my daily journal. Longer term I plan to restructure this approach to create affermations, practice exercizes, etc designed to plug the leaks.

There is lots of other stuff you can do too. Sleep for 6 hours per night? Your unconscious is still programmable during this time. Play affermation tapes, etc while you sleep. You can also do this in your car driving to and from work.