View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: How tight is too tight?

[ QUOTE ]

the rake is much worse at 1/2 than it is at 2/4 so looking at it this way you should play tighter at 2/4, i think the difference is that the players at higher limits are going to start noticing your tightness more and not paying you off. also 2/4 is a little bit tighter than 1/2 so playing a litte looser can take down more pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure about that. My agression factor so far at the 1/2 tables is over 5. I've always felt like ppl equate your preflop play with how tight/agressive you are. They automatically assume that because you play very few hands you are a weak player. But I'm not, I am very aggresive post flop and I find ppl calling me to the river when I do have a hand. I like my style, and I think I will stick with it until things start going bad.

As for SSH, I've read it. I have no problem with loose games. I guess I am just wondering what types of playes you are going to make at the higher levels. Are you going to call a raise with Axs just because you can 'outplay' your opponent? I find limit is mostly about showing down the best hand.