View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Super Thursday Bubble Decision

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine not pushing here. good to see you're alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe there is math behind this that can make me understand this answer, but...

I cannot see how with 1 to til the bubble bursts, pushing is the best option here. Guaranteeing a double of your money by folding is certainly worth something here, isn't it?

Figure there are probably four hands that call here and have you in big trouble (AK, AA, KK, and QQ). Also possible someone on party poker calls you with JJ and 10 10. I can't see how pushing and busting (you tell me the odds of this) can be a better option than not risking your tournament life and folding for 400 chips.

Then, throw in the table dynamic (two people with 100 CHIPS), and to me, this has got to be an easy fold.

We can go into "what's your goal - moneying or winning," but I don't think that's relevant here. Will the 3300 chips help down the road? Of course. But, and perhaps this is where the math is relevant, what about working for 3 hours to come in 71st and have nothing to show without any kind of read on the button raise? You will have better spots to get your money in. That's a virtual guarantee. Even a random blind steal can net you 1200 chips.

I have not had as much success as MLG (though I don't play nearly as many tournaments), but to me, this is frighteningly easy to throw away).