Thread: Flush
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Flush

First hand at the table, I fold the flop. I suspect that UTG+1 made his small bet on the flop to price in his own flush draw which will be higher than mine the majority of the time (sure, sometimes he'll have 54s or something like that, but from EP, I'd expect its more likely he has a higher one). Then the minraise is clearly a clueless person who either flopped a flush draw himself or is (pathetically) trying to protect some sort of made hand.

Since this leads me to believe there is a good chance of at least one flush draw being out (other than mine), I fold. Unknowns at this level are better than their .10/.25 counterparts but, without knowing if they'll chase at bad odds or not, I don't want to make a big semibluff raise (because I can't accurate guage the folding equity). Regardless of their skill (which is unknown at this time), I'm going to have to put in a big raise on this flop and commit a lot of chips.

Change the flop to give yourself a gutshot or bottom pair or something to go along with your flush draw and I like raising better.