View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: A hand worth a discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Did you put villain on a hand, or were you just going to call this one down no matter what? The only thing I like about his hand is your push on the turn. You should have potted the flop or check raised it. Your weak bet is just bloating the pot, one inwhich you are OOP and only have middle pair. You wanna take it down there. The only thing really going for you is that CO is portraying the image of a bully and your hand *might* be good. What did you think about his flop raise? Its up to you to make a read (based on past table action -- have you been paying attention?) Without reads, I fold. Simply for the reason that there will be a better time to tango w/ CO. And plus your hand isn't that strong.

its been a while since I've been on the 25NL tables, but I wouldn't be shocked if he showed you a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial read was Jx - which could be any kind of kicker based on the hands I was seeing villian play. My initial flop bet was only to see where people were as there were other people to act and my hand wasn't that great. When I'm raised on the flop I change my read to Kx, so I know I'm behind to something. The turn push is my biggest question. Considering that I'm likely behind against a laggy opponent and I'm only 50/50 happy with it, how good is this play really? Villian showed Js, 5s and I took down the pot, and he made several comments about how he liked the turn push. Go figure.