View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Passive Hand 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
Betting may clear out a gutshot, etc. Something with something like Ace high may just fold. A bet can allow you to win the hand on the turn. A bet tells you where you're at in the hand so you're not in a guessing game. And yes, there is a slight chance you win on the flop.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

You are throwing out a lot of standard reasons which don't really make sense here IMO. Gutshot: the only gutshot I can see that is folding is 64. "Bet can let you win on turn": Okay I bet the flop and now I need them to call not to raise, then what turn card could come that I am going to bet again on and win it?

"bet tells you where you're at so you're not in guessing games" what does that even mean in this context???

"slight chance win it on the flop": yeah if someone has A5 i can see them folding that, what other hands could they fold thouhg? I don't see many, they would both have to have ace rag and not pair up or hit a draw somewhere with that rag.

also there is the slight advantage to checking behing on flop that i pair up on turn where they would c/r me on flop.