View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 03:06 PM

Default I just played Daniel N in a TV headsup match....and WON!!!

let me explain:

one of those home improvement reality shows is currently filming an episode on our basement renovation. Of course, being the poker player i am they are also designing a poker area for it with tables etc.

So we were iniitially supposed to go to the games room store to film a segment as we select and purchase the poker table and accessories. But instead, they tell me to meet them at a bar downtown for a lunch interview TV segment instead.

well i get there, and the makeup girl gets me ready, they attach my soundpiece, and they say the designers are sitting at a poker table in the back and for me to go sit down and show them how to play and to talk about the game.

So the cameras are rolling, i walk to the far back where i see the TV crew and cameramen, bright lights, and a dealer sittting at a poker table with the 3 designers. Very professional looking.

I walk up to them and notice 1 more blondish guy with his back to me sitting at table. I sit in open seat next to him and as i do so he turns around and its Daniel Negranu.

I'm flabbergasted, and they catch the look of surprise on my face. Anyways, all 5 of us play and chat about poker and how the poker area should be designed.

Then they setup a headsup match between me and Dan.

1000 each, blinds starting at 15/25

To make a long story short, i play well, but he is pretty tough, but in the end i beat him. Was a friendly game, but it got quite competitive, Dan N trash talked me a bit to throw me off, but in the end i had him out chipped 1750 - 250, when i look at A3 suited and go allin preflop.

He calls with AK....i hit a 3 on the board and win. To my surprise, daniel seems momentarily genuinely pissed about both me winning , and the suckout if you will on the final hand that he spikes the cards on the felt and yells DAMNN.

Was a bit surprised at that but i guess its his competitive nature.

He was very nice though with the crew there and me, and they also taped a Q&A session with me and him where i could ask him any poker advice or anything. I was on the spot and didnt have any questions prepared so i was caught a bit offguard.

Anyways, was very cool and me and Dan talked a bit afterwards off camera as well.

Can't wait till this airs.