View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Are you guys in autobet mode if you raise pre flop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
getting 8:1 you should at least see the turn with 2 overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's follow the SSHE advice and say our overcards are worth 0.5 each since sometimes we still lose when we hit them. So we have about 3 outs > 14:1. However, two of them put three to a flush, so these two are worth even less plus it gives anyone with a club a redraw to a flush. I wouldn't count these two as outs since they're practically worthless. Add to all this that we're facing three opponents our overcards drop in value a bit more. So, we have more or less between 1.5-2 outs > 22:1. That's my reasoning here for not calling. Anyone with any comments on this is welcomed.

[/ QUOTE ]

we counting outs if deciding whether to call or fold. not bet or check/call.

Edit: i think the quote i used here was in response to a bet response, so it might be a bit out of context, but my statement is still true when considering what to do.

my thinking: why check if we're going to call a bet, we're checked to, and it is possible that the flop missed everyone? why do we assume that just because there are 2 same suited cards, that the people in the hand are on a flush draw? why do our overcards lose value just because possible loose players call our bet? these seem assumptions to me that will 1) get you bluffed to fold easily 2) make you timid when playing 3) play contrary to the Theory of Poker: playing differently if you saw all the cards.