View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Trying to protect overpair, but board pairs on turn.

Probably should've raised preflop, but ignore that part of the hand.

I think my flop play was fine as betting out on the flop stood no chance of folding hardly anyone, so I went for the checkraise.

The turn is where I got confused as the top card paired and the pot was large. If I just bet, everyone with overs is correct to call still. I reluctantly decided for another checkraise, but it was more out of confusion than anything. Any ideas on what would have been a better line for this situation?

Unfortunately I have very little in the way of reads, but table overall was loose and mostly passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Is this an easy fold after I get 3bet here?

River: (14 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB