View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 12:34 AM

Default preflop with KQs

I'm semi-early on in a 7 table tourney. Blinds are $100/$200 and I have $1500 against several similar stacks and two who have about twice as much as me.

on the button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone at the table limps in! (8 players at the table including me) I see that many blinds out there and the opportunity to really get ahead in this thing, so I push all in hoping to buy the blinds or get called by a weaker hand. this is a very passive table and I have a tight image with them thus far.

The table folds around (each player moaning in turn) to the CO who starts thinking about it. He looks at me, he looks at his cards, he looks at me again. He's got me covered by about $200, so if he calls and misses he's crippled.

Finally he calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I've got a couple of draws that he doesnt, but he's got me pretty dominated otherwise here.

Q:

Given the situation, was this push correct, or should I have put in a smaller raise in this spot? How often do pushes like this work against a field of passive opponents who all have limped in?

Thanks for the help!