View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Working on my agression. Paying off?

[ QUOTE ]
You are not going to bet out the A2s and you are not going to bet out high flush draws

[/ QUOTE ]
If I was one of the opponents behind me I would fold an empty nut low draw and probably anything but the nut flush draw (any maybe even that). You need about 6:1 to draw to the low and the pot isn’t laying that and you need about 5:1 to draw to the flush which the pot is barely giving you. Furthermore you don’t know if the original better is going to 3 bet which would destroy your odds.

That being said I am not sure if any of my opponents would lay those hands down but that is OK with me. I figured that the raise could get he heads up or at the very least steal me the button. If I can steal the button I still will have a good 2 way hand and position so I can probably get a free turn if an ugly card comes or I will be able to continue to hammer the pot if a good card comes.

My raise is either going to be called by bad players or good players with a monster. If a good player calls me I have no problem shutting down unless I boat up or a 2 comes and I am going to have position to outplay the bad players.