View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Working on my agression. Paying off?

Folding's certainly an option, and still a better one than calling.

It all depends on who saw the flop. If it included some guy who's been folding nearly everything but the big blind, but who suddenly decides to play along - yeah, if he calls your raise, you've probably lost to an A2.

On the other hand, if it's the same six turnips who've called the last dozen flops with any old garbage, then it's entirely possible (and in practice, quite probable) that you can push them off their hands if left facing two bets to call on a flop that doesn't give them the nuts.

Basically, if I raise this, there are a couple of outcomes:

1) Everyone folds but the original better. I might bet/raise him on the turn just to continue the aggression, although if I've gotten him heads-up, I might also just check-call and go for the crap shoot.

2) A bunch of people call. Now, they either have trash and have increased your pot odds, or they have good drawing hands. It seems like a lot of the best drawing hands don't include pairs - they're drawing to a nut low, a straight or a flush. So, if they don't make their draw, you're still ahead with a lousy two pair.

In any case, if you get multiple callers, the action on the turn will make all the difference in the world, which is why you'd want to be in late position for this play.