View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: bankroll adjustment for whoring?

I didn't realize you were asking about a RoR calculation.... you're right, that is probably far better suited to the Probability forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I was answering what I thought was your question, which was that I see many people who deposit $300, play a bunch of bonuses off over a couple of months, and have moved themselves up to 3/6 because they "have the 300BB bankroll" but are wickedly inexperienced and get burned fairly badly. I am like you in that bonus money helps create a large buffer for me to cushion downturns that happen, and also provides the money I take out for other expenses, to take care of my wife, etc. I advocate to nearly all aspiring players to not consider bonus money part of your bankroll per se but to gather 300-400BB *at the current level they are at* before moving up, which provides the proper bankroll for the next level of play, but with the added benefit of having gotten a decent # of hands under their belt.

But obviously you are more interested in how the exra bonus money you are accumulating is affecting your RoR, which is definitely not something I can answer.