View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: What would you do in each of these situations

Hand 1 I flat call. Good chance SB has a small overpair or perhaps pair+gutshot type hand. UTG quite likely has overs or gutshot or similar weak draw. I let SB lead again on the turn into the now-bigger pot and trap UTG calling again (hopefully now after hitting an overcard if that is what he has) before raising the turn. If you raise the flop, you are likely to lose everyone and overcards are drawing completely dead, one pair hands are drawing exceedingly slim, it is unlikely anyone has an OESD, there is no flush draw possible, therefore I would like to see people improve somewhat on the turn before popping it and SB does not seem too threatening right now so you have a better chance of UTG calling another bet from him on the turn than you do of anyone calling your bets after you show a lot of strength on the flop by popping two guys.

Hand 2: Have to raise here to protect your hand. Even if people have weak draws, you can't let them get 15:1 odds + implied odds. Raise to 60-75. You said you don't want to know what I would do if someone comes over the top, so I won't tell you.