View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Calling down with TT

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that his play is very odd, as most maniacs also love to raise way too much preflop. But if someone with a PFR of 2% or 4% after 50 hands raises PF, he probably has a real hand.

If the OP meant by he doesn't raise too much after 50 hands that he has only raised 8 times (16%), then that's a different story. Then I think you have to cap preflop and cross your fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you'll be suprised when looking at pfr numbers what gets raised. I don't think you can assume from a low pfr% that this guy is only playing AA-QQ. A 3% PFR is AA-JJ and AK. Against this range I am plaing my TT. Over 50 hands a 3% pfrer will on average have raised 1.5 times. This is way to small of a sample to accurately know how often this guy raised. The OP said he's only raised a couple of times in 50 hands, thats already over 3% and already enough that I want to play my hand. In addition, even if the TAG is clueless, his 3-betting standards at worse is probably AA-TT, AK. A range wide enough where we are still ahead of 50% of those hands assuming these two clowns don't share any outs. I'm not going to dump a premium hand because of a PT read with way insufficient sample size. This maniac is a clown post flop, there is little reason to suspect that he doesn't have clown like tendancies preflop.