View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Who the [censored] is John Bond?

[ QUOTE ]
do you really play bad or does roy just give you a lot of [censored] becuase you're friends? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to both questions is yes (and to Beer's question too.)

Mr. Cooke does have a tendency to expound upon my worst plays, not my best. And of course since I have some input on every column I see it before it goes, and it's all fine with me. It's not the only spot in life where I'm the anti-role model [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've been playing in public cardrooms since about the mid-80s. I've been keeping detailed records since late 92.

From 10/1/92 - 12/31/04, I made $11 an hr playing $10-$20 through $40-$80, exclusive of tournaments. I'm stuck about $10k on tournament buy-ins for life, live and internet. My best year (including a three month great run in the $40-$80 at Hollywood Park) was +$60k. My worst (almost exclusively on Planet Poker shorthanded $20-$40)was - $45k. As I was assuredly stuck before I started keeping records, it's pretty likely I'm close to break-even for life. Fortunatley at several points in my life I've owned a piece of the rake -- and if you include that then I'm definitely front [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RC said if I'd gone to work at McDOnald's and maybe made assistant manager I'd have gotten a much better return on my time. He's a dickhead but he's right. As usual.

Considering I'm a pretty smart fella, I've got 20 years experience and am aided by one of the world's best coaches you'd think I'd do a little better. Still,I'm happy to be among the small percentage of winners, albeit very, very, very small winners!

But I can write!

There will be a new slightly modified edition of RPII: The Play of Hands out later this year from ConJelCo.

Best,

jb

PS I'm stuck $2365 in $215 sit n go's on Party today -- 11 consecutive 4ths I swear!