View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Lee, what about the 82o push a few hands later...??

Hi Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to respond inj this thread. At a minimum, it shows that you are active in policing the situtation and I believe are not just acting to protect the reputation of Poker Stars. I think it is important for many here to note that this type of public interactive response would not be forthcoming from many of your major competitors. At best we would see an impersonal form type letter indirectly responding to the situation. The response would also be private and rarely, on a public forum.

I am curious though without conversational intercepts, what type of evidence would be required to prove to your satisfaction that improper soft play took place? And more importantly, what type of remedy you would impose / have imposed in the past? Did you indeed look to see if there was a pattern in additional hands as others have alluded to?

There certainly is boneheaded play by even the best players at times, whether due to lapse of judgment, missthinking, misreading, and even errant clicking. I would hate to be accused of cheating because of stupid play. Yet chip dumping / soft play / collusion would certainly show up as stupid play. How do you tell the differenc?

Hypothetically, I checked the nuts closing the action on the river. This allows an opponent to move on, and escape. Did I do it to help him, or did I do it because I was multi-tabling, and not paying close attention / mis clicked / mis read my hand. All four reasons are in the resonable realm of possibilities. How do you decide?

Although I haven't been close yet, I look forward to being at that final table soon.

Lurshy