View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: A note of thanks to B&M posters.

[ QUOTE ]

wtf wasn't the floor called before the chips were shoved.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer was ignoring the rantings of the players and chopped the pot in a hurry. It was one of the guys not in the hand who eventually had success calling the floor (he didn't even propose calling the floor until later), but it didn't happen until after the pot was chopped. Strangely, the guy with A9 was less upset than the players not in the hand. I actually didn't see the hand play out because I had just come back from the restroom during the river play and didn't get a chance to get my bearings and see the board until all the arguing started. But once I heard the pot was chopped, saw Guy 2's 9, and read the board before the cards were turned over, I told the chief protester (the guy who wasn't in the hand) that he was correct -- that the guy with the 9 should win the pot -- and that's when he called the floor.

This, by the way, is why I love playing the Bike 6/12. When 2 or 3 people at a table (including the dealer) can't even read the board properly and determine a winning hand, you know it's soft.

I went away up 2 racks that night.