View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: A note of thanks to B&M posters.

Don't be like this guy who was dealing the Bike 6/12 Friday night. The final board reads 89898. Guy 1 says "I play the board" and Guy 2 shows A9 and says "full house." The dealer says "chop chop" and starts splitting the chips. Guy 2 protests and says he has a 9, and the dealer says "you both have a full house -- your 9 doesn't play, sir, you can't use 6 cards."

Then 3 other players not in the hand go ballistic at the dealer for not knowing the difference between 8s full of 9s and 9s full of 8s. The dealer finishes chopping the pot and hands 1/2 to each player, and then the floor man is called over. They explain the situation to him and he says, "of course the guy with the 9 wins the pot." The dealer looks embarrassed but continues dealing the next hand. The guy who played the board tossed a few chips to the "winner."

Funnily enough, a half hour later, with a new dealer in the chair, I got KK and we were 3 on the river (in a very large pot) with a board of T6333. I turned over my hand and said "full house," and an angry guy turned over his TT, thinking he got rivered and I had kings full vs. his tens full. I said nothing but the dealer told TT that he won: "you have tens full of 3s and he has 3s full of kings!" Of course I get the *smart* dealer! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

(Just kidding -- if the dealer had pushed me the pot I'd have spoken up)