View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Collusion at its finest what do you think...?

Scott Byron and I both reviewed the hand, and we both agree that there was no collusion going on. Obviously, I can't reveal either player's hole cards. But I am 99.99% sure that the play was on the square.

From Dudley's perspective, it wasn't at all clear that he was getting the right pot odds to call. Now, should he call anyway? Perhaps. But now we're having a discussion about poker tactics, not poker ethics, which is where this thread started.

I should also note that ramco (the supposed "dumpee") busted out Dudley (the supposed "dumper") shortly thereafter.

Look, if I'd been Dudley, and I decided to call the raise, I'd have put ramco all-in preflop to make sure I got to see five cards. But again, that's a tactical decision, not an ethical one.

Finally, have you never been in a situation where you call a raise, and then notice that you've left your opponent with some trivial number of chips? And then the flop comes and you realize that if you're really lucky, you might be a 25:1 dog? I mean, maybe you haven't done it, but I have.

There's really nothing here folks, you can move along.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager