View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 12:22 AM

Default A note of thanks to B&M posters.

A couple months back, I posted this thread asking for advice about becoming a professional poker dealer.

Well, working forward from all the good advice I got here, I just landed my first dealing job [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (in fact, I actually ended up with two job offers on the same day!) I'm totally psyched for this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My paperwork is being processed by the state gambling commission as we speak, and in a little more than a week I should be dealing live games.

The advice about learning Omaha/8 was spot-on, and I also have to put in a plug for 2+2's Professional Poker Dealer's Handbook, because it's a been a great reference throughout my training (yep, I actually paid for a vocational course -- I wanted the experience of dealing to a live group of students, and wow was it worth it. HUGE boost to my confidence when I started going out to submit applications and do auditions).

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who took time to steer me in the right direction. It really helped put me on the right track. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

q/q