View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Peeling one off?

As I move up in limits, I'm trying to improve my game as much as possible (obviously) and I'm attempting to iron out some unprofitable flaws in my game. At this point, I'm examining peeling one off with overcards. Here's an example:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

MP2 bets, BB calls, and Hero ??

I know some of you might disagree with the open limp in EP, but that's not my concern.

I'd say about 90% I don't take a card off with overcards. Is this a mistake? How often do you a call a seemingly harmless board with overs? My concern is that I pick up a draw on the turn, and am stuck for a big bet on the turn. What's the general consensus about this?