View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Default so I think I need some help with downswings

I have finally realized my personal strenghts and weaknesses and am now willing to address them.

I'm a fairly good player and feel that I have the ability to be much better if I can get over a few hurdles. One of the major problems I have is getting so mad when I have repeated bad beats. I fully understand that people playing these horrible hands is the reason that I win money. At the end of every month I have more money than I did the month before but there seems to be a point in every month where I go through a 25-100BB losing streak. It drives me insane!!!! and I start to play poorly and lose more than I should.

I have seen this trend and have realized that playing multiple tables is a very bad thing. Titling on three tables cost much more than tilting on one. I need to overcome this behavior. I'm going to guess that I'm not the only person who has losing streaks every month and I'm not the only person who goes insane after several bad beats. So I'd like to ask how people deal with these. The only way I've found to deal with them is to just quit playing. I take a break. Close all programs and try playing Madden or go for a bike ride. While this does work, I'd like to be able to just shrug these things off and keep playing.

Any advise would be great.