View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 07:37 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: Dear bison: the May advice thread.

Dear bison,

Yesterday I gave my two weeks notice at my place of employment. I have been burned out for some time and there is simply no way I can co-exist with my boss. The notice was the result of the most recent, and most egregious berating he has given me. All of my co-workers feel the same way about him, though they recognize that he treats me far worse than any of them. Without my knowledge they went to his boss, who works in another building, to let him know that he is about to lose a good employee because he employs an ineffectual boar. They were advised to tell me to wait it out for a week or two and some things were going to change. This is not to say that they enacted said change, only that they were told of it.

Honestly, I don't know that this knowledge makes a difference in my decision. I'm ready for a change, and I've been wanting to do this for some time. Should I choose not to withdraw the resignation, how can I show my appreciation for my colleagues' support without diminishing their actions?

Thank you