View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Another Pacific Sucks Post

So it's late Friday afternoon and I decide to check my crap e-mail address (the one I give to online businesses I don't trust to protect my privacy). There is a message from Pacific saying they had closed my account temporarily because a deposit from Citadel didn't clear. I think wtf?! I made a measley $80 deposit a week ago from a checking acct with a couple thousand in it - what is going on? They also say their hours are M-F 8am to 16:00 pm GMT, meaning they are closed for the weekend.

I then see an email from Citadel saying the same thing - my deposit had been "charged back". But Citadel at least gives a phone number (Pacific doesn't). So I call Citadel and ask them about it. They say they got a message "acct not found". I ask how could that happen? They say maybe you made a typo when making the deposit.

So I immediately e-mail Pacific and explain what Citadel reported and ask how to resolve the matter. I point out that I have a perfect track record with Pacific. I also noted that I checked my checking acct. and indeed it had not been charged the $80 so they were free to deduct it from my Pacific balance ($600+). Of course I don't hear anything back.

When I got home from work I checked and sure enough Pacific no longer recognized my username and PW. I had planned on playing in a 250k tourney tomorrow but apparently that is out now. Maybe I will hear something from them Monday. Meanwhile I am pissed, especially since this is just one in a long line of problems I've had with them.

I guess I'm kind of OK with the fact that an error occurred - [censored] happens. But when they send out an email Friday afternoon saying your acct is closed for $80 bucks and btw you can't contact them about it until Monday - well that sucks.

Anyone else have something like this happen? With Citadel or Pacific?