View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: My read and .02 (for what thats worth)

First off reads:
SB looks like a pocket pair below TT Could be 77 or 88 and be stomping you, or as you said could be big suited clubs at this point, his check call out of position twice pretty much narrows his hand down to one of these two holdings from what I can see.

Button, literally could have anything, big suited broadways, big ace, big pair, complete air, who knows, you wont have anymore infor on him unless you raise, and I have no problem with waiting until the turn to do it, it applies more pressure with one less card coming.

Now PF is wicked standard, but you already know that.

Flop can be taken a couple different ways.
Problem wit betting the flop is you can pretty much type in the box before you bet "I have a PP" so thats really not a good plan. If you checkraise the flop, you're inflating the pot to the point where overs will call on the turn anyway, and you're sure not chasing out a flush draw, muchless a PP.

As far as the texture of the board, the 9 helped your hand, its just back to the SB. I'm thinking more that he indeed does have a flush draw because he would have probably raised the turn if he had any wits about him and forced you to call two cold, so the turn info lets me put the SB on a flush draw with 75% certainty.

The button will follow through on the turn with a lot of things and a lot of which you beat, (and a few you dont) He could also be on a big FD and semibluffs the turn. Or hew coudl still be on ace high. I like the turn checkraise because he almost HAS to fold overs, the Sb will still call with a FD and (probably a PP) and if the button three bets, you can still be ahead, he'd probably wait to raise the OP on the river, and he will probably be a lot less likely to three bet there anyway.

So in short, if the button calls the c/r , I'd bet any non AK turn, and if the SB calls, I'd bet any non AK or club turn. Even te non ace or King or club river value bet would be extremely thin, but necessary to make.

Hope that made some kind of sense.