View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Can someone explain whats going on in Deadwood?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

1. What's Francis Wilcott's purpose in the show? Also, why did he kill those prostitutes?

2. What was Swearengan talking to Bullock about at the end of the last episode?

3. Does Bullock's brother's wife know that Bullock and Mrs. Garrett were knocking boots? Is that why she was all pissy last episode?

4. Why did that guy (forget his name) ask Mrs. Garrett to marry him? Is it because it wasn't acceptable back then to have a kid out of wedlock?

5. What is "Yankton".

6. Who is the Chinese guy with the Chinese prostitues and what role does he have in the show?

I love the show but because of the speech that's used it's sometimes hard to figure out what's being said.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. He was sent to deadwood by a guy that's real big in goldmining to scoop up people's claims. He killed the whores becuase he's fkn nuts.

2. I don't remember exactly what you are talking about, but my guess is they were talking about getting Montana involved in the annexation talks to slow down Yankton's advances on the camp.

3. I'm guessing she figured it out somehow.

4. Yes.

5. The then-capital of the South Dakota territory which is trying to annex Deadwood.

6. He's a gangster from San Francisco and came at the behest of Wolcott and Tolliver. Those Chinese whores he runs belong to Tolliver (probably partial payment for helping Wolcott secure the claims). I get the impression that he's trying to wrestle control of Chinatown away from Wu.