Thread: Blind defense
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Blind defense

i like to 3-bet pf against most of the people opening in CO or button because the range of hands can be so big depending on the opponent. if i 3-bet pre flop and bet the flop, i find that a good amount of the time they will fold, unless of course they've hit something decent.

i'm not a huge fan of the smoothcall and c/r the flop because it seems like i risk a little more. from my experience they almost always call 1 sb after the c/r and then i'm forced to bet the turn as a follow through. at that point if they call or raise i'm feeling pretty bad about my spot. also, getting 3-bet on the flop after going for the c/r always hurts.

i feel like out of both situations when they have missed the flop, i will do better with the 3-bet pre flop. i think a lot of people call the extra bet after the c/r just out of anger and disgust to see if the turn helps them. then i have to throw another bet out there on the turn. i also think that sometimes a c/r on flop can scream "hi, i totally missed this."

my blind defense is pretty weak though. i'm interested to hear what everyone else has to say.